Camper to Glamper in 7 days
I have been looking for over one year for the oldest, ugliest, cheapest tent trailer I could find. I finally found "Alvin" a 1978 Jayco tent trailer on Craigslist for $400. I was so darn excited to get it that I ended up fixing it up in 7 days! Here is what I did each day...
In the beginning...there was an ugly trailer. On day one, I CLEANED like nobody's business. I was planning on recovering all the cushions, but the foam was newer and after I threw the cushion covers in the wash they looked great. These two helped with the cleaning.
On day two, I taped and primed the cabinets. I used some primer we already had by Behr. It worked great. I even primed the countertops.
One day three, I painted all of the cabinets and countertops. I used Benjamin Moore's Wythe Blue. It was paint I had bought for the front door of my house, but didn't end up using.
On day four, I bought material for the curtains at Target. I found tablecloths that I liked for the material. I also lined the drawers with a cute contact paper that I found at home.
On day five, it rained...I live in Oregon where it is bound to do that. So I used this day to buy flooring from Lowe's. I bought Style Selections peel and stick flooring. I also had to do work for my actual job. ;)
On day six, I put the flooring in. That made a huge difference. I only used a very small portion of one box. I should have enough to do another trailer or two.
On day seven, I rested and saw that it was good. Not really, that's what I should have done, but I sewed curtains and put them up. I used tension rods for the curtains by the beds and velcro on the existing tabs for the curtains on the sides. I can rest when we go camping. :)
Total cost for this project:
$400 - Trailer
$38 - Material for curtains
$50 - Flooring
$15 - Tension rods
$10 - Hooks for curtains
$77 - Title transfer
$590 = total